MLK Day of Service Project: Trail Cleanup and Pruning 1/21/19
Wow! It was cold, but we had quite a few scouts attend, and made some great progress on cleaning up the trail. We even had some siblings and at least one Girl Scout with us! Way to help our community Scouts!
Troop COOKOFF – January 28
Did you forget? That’s tomorrow, so contact your Patrol Leaders, prepare something extra special that you can cook on the trail, and take your chance at the Golden Chalice
BOR January 28 –
You should already be signed up if you are to have a BOR. Contact Ms. Haymes at 131Advancement@gmail.com if this is in question.
February 8-9 Cold Weather Camping/Snow Camping
Well, it doesn’t look like there is enough snow for Quinzees, so plan A is to go PW Forest park and go on a hike, and maybe even a fire building competition!! We’ll keep monitoring the weather to see if we can go to Canaan Valley instead!
February 2 Merit Badge Jamboree
Colonial District Merit Badge Jamboree is February 2, see below link to sign up!
DUES ARE DUE –
2019 Troop 131 Dues Collection Details
Hello and best wishes to everyone. We will begin collecting 2019 Troop 131 Dues at tomorrow’s meeting (January 28th) and again at the February 11th and subsequent meetings. Please plan to attend one of the meetings or send a dues payment with your scout.
Dues are as follows:
- Scout – $90
- 2nd Scout in a family (sibling) – $66
- 1st Year Transfer Scout – $25
- Registered Adults – $30
Dues payments are accepted in any of the following forms:
- Credit card
- Check (payable to “Boy Scouts Troop 131”)
Checks may also be dropped off into the locked mailbox at the fence at 25 E. Linden Street. Please mark any envelopes with “Troop 131.”
Henri van Goetham – Treasurer Troop 131
High Adventure Presentation
Mr. Guynn and the Scouts did an excellent presentation, but we wish we would have had more parents there! If you weren’t able to come and want to learn more, let us know and we will schedule another presentation
World Scout Jamboree
The WSJ is this summer at the Bechtel Reserve in WVA. If you would like to visit for a day, see below link. We’ll talk about the possibility of taking a group.
The Google calendar (see link at the bottom of the page) is updated to reflect the Troop Calendar sent out before Christmas.
If you have any service opportunities you think would be good for our Scouts, please contact Mrs. Greiner, our Service Coordinator at email@example.com.
Notes from the Senior Patrol Leader:
– BRING YOUR COATS! It is winter, it’s cold, we go outside for activities. Be Prepared.
– PATROL LEADERS – It is your responsibility to touch base with your Patrols and be sure that they are paying attention to the Skills Training and working on their Advancement
– CELL PHONE USAGE – Not in the troop meetings, except with very few exceptions when they are being used for advancement or merit badges.
– Uniforms and Opening/Closing Ceremonies – wear your Field Uniforms and line up properly for the ceremonies.
– BRING YOUR SCOUTBOOKS TO THE MEETINGS! Opportunities for Advancement are being wasted just because Scouts don’t remember their books.
Other Items of Interest
Contact Mr. Steenstra at the troop meeting if you would like to be on it! There are lots of great opportunities around the area.