New Scouts Coming!
It’s that time of year again – we will have new scouts attending meetings starting tomorrow, so be on your best behavior and show them how the best Scout Troop is run! Moose, Pythons, Panthers, and Falcons – guess what, you are not new scouts anymore!
March 16/17 Backpacking – Mudhole Gap
We’ll head to Mudhole gap again for some spring backpacking. We will likely have some new Scouts joining us. Older Scouts will have the option of doing a longer hike.
High Adventure – Dolly Sods
Mr. Guynn and Mr. Rodger have met with some of the older scouts and set a tentative date as the week of July 7-13. This will be a multi day backpacking trip in a beautiful area of West Virginia. It takes commitment and planning to make this happen, so talk to them in this next meeting and let’s make it happen!
DUES ARE DUE –
2019 Troop 131 Dues Collection Details
Please plan to attend one of the meetings or send a dues payment with your scout.
Dues are as follows:
- Scout – $90
- 2nd Scout in a family (sibling) – $66
- 1st Year Transfer Scout – $25
- Registered Adults – $39
Dues payments are accepted in any of the following forms:
- Credit card
- Check (payable to “Boy Scouts Troop 131”)
Checks may also be dropped off into the locked mailbox at the fence at 25 E. Linden Street. Please mark any envelopes with “Troop 131.”
Henri van Goetham – Treasurer Troop 131
Summer Camp –
It is already time to get signed up – see last weeks email from Ms. Larson and sign up a time
NYLT, National Youth Leadership Training
Are you 14 or in 8th Grade? Are you a First Class Scout? If so, you have the opportunity to participate in an exciting, fun, and useful training through scouts – NYLT! It’s coming up again this summer, so Let’s talk!
World Scout Jamboree
The WSJ is this summer at the Bechtel Reserve in WVA. If you would like to visit for a day, see below link. Max, Thomas, Matthew, and Mr Rodger are going this year!
| Service Opportunities
If you have any service opportunities you think would be good for our Scouts, please contact Mrs. Greiner, our Service Coordinator at email@example.com.
Notes from the Senior Patrol Leader:
– BRING YOUR COATS! It is winter, it’s cold, we go outside for activities. Be Prepared.
– PATROL LEADERS – It is your responsibility to touch base with your Patrols and be sure that they are paying attention to the Skills Training and working on their Advancement
– CELL PHONE USAGE – Not in the troop meetings, except with very few exceptions when they are being used for advancement or merit badges.
– Uniforms and Opening/Closing Ceremonies – wear your Field Uniforms and line up properly for the ceremonies.
– BRING YOUR SCOUTBOOKS TO THE MEETINGS! Opportunities for Advancement are being wasted just because Scouts don’t remember their books.
Other Items of Interest
Contact Mr. Steenstra at the troop meeting if you would like to be on it! There are lots of great opportunities around the area.
If you know of anyone that is not on this list that wishes to be, please have them contact me and I’ll get them added. Also, if you are receiving this and wish not to, please let me know!