The Quartermaster and I went through the tents this weekend, and we are missing a lot of gear – 3 Mountainsmith Tents, 1 REI tent, 1 Asolo tent. Please return them on Monday – no questions asked, we just need them back!
Camporee, October 18, 19, 20 Gunston Hall
Remember that this is the only District event we normally participate in. Be sure to get in on your calendar and attend, as we are running activities. We’ll keep working on fine tuning these for the next couple of meetings.
The activities are Initiative games:
- First Aid Skills/Stretcher Relay Challenge
- Plank Walk
- Hazardous Waste handling challenge
- Mission Impossible
- Spy game challenge
We’ll be leading other scouts, so all scouts need to be familiar with the games. All scouts helping run the stations will get some special bling from the Camporee!
Troop Elections – October 21
Help your Troop, Gain Requirements, Run for a Troop Position! Coming soon on October 21. Please remember, if you are going to run for Senior Patrol Leader, you MUST come speak with your Scoutmaster before the elections to understand the requirements and expectations!
Troop Committee Meeting – October 22
As Mr. Leary said, we’ll have a Troop Committee meeting on October 22 at the FBC. This is open to all adults in the troop, and a great way to understand how our troop is run and get involved if you would like. We would love to have you attend, even to just observe!
Scouting for Food – November 2 and 9
We’ll continue our tradition of managing a neighborhood. More to come on this.
Court of Honor – November 4
We’ll have our Court of Honor on November 4 in lieu of our normal Troop Meeting. Be there to honor all the great activities and accomplishments this year!
Adult Training –
In the past few weeks, I’ve been trying to clear our training records up with BSA. All adults (except ASM’s): If you have obtained or attended any training (including online training) and I haven’t contacted you within the last 3 weeks, then please email me with what BSA training you did, and the date. Especially committee related training.
| Service Opportunities
Notes from the Senior Patrol Leader:
– PATROL LEADERS – It is your responsibility to touch base with your Patrols and be sure that they are paying attention to the Skills Training and working on their Advancement
– CELL PHONE USAGE – Not in the troop meetings, except with very few exceptions when they are being used for advancement or merit badges.
– It is no longer Summertime – wear your neckerchiefs!
– BRING YOUR SCOUTBOOKS TO THE MEETINGS! Opportunities for Advancement are being wasted just because Scouts don’t remember their books.
Other Items of Interest
Contact Mr. Steenstra at the troop meeting if you would like to be on it! There are lots of great opportunities around the area.