I hope everyone was able to get outside yesterday and enjoy the amazing fall weather!
See note below from Mr. Grocki. It looks like the backpacking trip went well and all had a good time. Thank you to the scouts/adults who went on the trip, and I am looking forward to hearing the stories at the Monday meeting.
“Mudhole gap trip went well. Some unexpected rain this morning as we were waking up, but we persevered. This was a great outing for our younger crew – moderate hike, nice campsites, and good water sources!”
We will have a Troop meeting at 7:30PM at Immanuel Church on the Hill this Monday.
ANNUAL REGISTRATION FEES
See message below from Mr. Baldwin, our treasurer concerning our Registration Fees and Dues.
As mentioned by Kevin (Jahns) at the picnic last week, we are now starting the annual rechartering process for the Troop and collecting the annual registration fees as part of that. The amounts due are as follows:
Troop 131 Youth Annual fee $200 (up from $120 last year) broken down as follows:
- $80 National BSA Fee (Up from $75)
- $80 Participation Fee for NCAC (New fee this year)
- $15 for Scouts Life magazine
- $25 stays with Troop 131
– You can opt out of receiving Scouts Life and deduct the $15 from the fee amount due.
– Among other things, the $25 portion that stays with the troop helps pay for advancement recognition (i.e. merit badges are $3.59 each, ranks $2.99), camp gear replacement and upkeep, subsidizing some trips, meals for camping and our courts of honor
Troop 131 Adult Volunteer Annual Fee – $60 (Up from $45 last year) which is our cost to the National BSA
– The Adult fee is due even if a parent is only attending one overnight event. This is a change from previous years.
– If an adult wishes to subscribe to Scouts Life, please include an additional $15
We recognize this is a large jump in the annual fee, and we do not want this fee to preclude any Scout from participation. As a result, scholarships are available if needed – please contact Mark or Kevin for details.
Please make payment to the Troop Treasurer by October 23rd as we need to send payment for the entire Troop when we submit our charter on November 1st.
Payment can be made in several ways:
- Zelle: This is preferred. Name: TreasurerT131
Please include a note to summarize what is being covered.
- Personal check: These can be given to me or Kevin at one of the weekly meetings
- Scout Account: Full or partial payment can be made from your Scout’s Scout Account if they have a positive balance.
- Fallingwater reimbursement: If the Troop still owes you any reimbursement, feel free to adjust your balance accordingly.
If you’re using a Scout Account or reimbursement to adjust your fee amount, please send me an email and/or include a note in Zelle so I can confirm what you’re doing.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Parents, see note below from Kevin Jahns, note the day and time change.
Due to the ACHS Back to School nights, we are moving the date of our upcoming Parent Meeting. I apologize for any inconvenience.
New Date – Thursday, September 21st at 7:30 PM
All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend. This is your chance to find out all that is going on with the troop, get any questions you may have answered and maybe find a way you can help.
Passcode – T131
Hope to “see” you then.
SCHEDULE: One Month(ish) Look Ahead
Monday, September 18th – Troop Meeting – 7:30 PM – Immanuel Church on the Hill
Thursday, Sept 21st Committee and Parents Meeting- 7:30 – Virtual
Saturday, September 23rd– Service Project – Alive Warehouse & The National Public Lands Day
Sunday, September 24th – Sean Mulvaney Eagle Court of Honor- First Baptist Church
Monday September 25th – No Troop Meeting- (ACPS- No School)
Saturday, September 30th– Immanuel Church on the Hill Pumpkin Drop Off 1 (8:30 – noon)
Monday, October 2nd – Troop Meeting – 7:30 PM (PLC) – Immanuel Church on the Hill
Friday Oct. 6th-9th – NCAC Climboree (long weekend)
Monday October 9th – No Troop Meeting – Federal Holiday – Columbus Day
Saturday, October 14th – Immanuel Church on the Hill Pumpkin Drop Off 2 (8:30 – noon)
Sunday, October 15th – Ryan Mulvaney Eagle Court of Honor- TBD
Monday, October 16th – Troop Meeting – 7:30 PM (PLC) – Immanuel Church on the Hill
Friday Oct. 20th-22nd – Colonial District Camporee- Cheltenham, MD
Saturday, October 21st – Immanuel Church on the Hill Pumpkin Drop Off 3 (8:30 – noon)
Monday, October 23rd – Troop Meeting – 7:30 PM (BoR) – Immanuel Church on the Hill