We will have a Troop meeting at 7:30PM at Immanuel Church on the Hill on Monday!
Elections are the main goal of the meeting this week! So, it is important that everyone comes to vote!
Other than the candidates listed below, please let me know if you intend to run for SPL via email.
The Alive Service project is next Saturday and thank you in advance to the Scouts and Adults who will attend that.
Only two meetings before the winter break, so let’s finish the year strong!
It is that time of year and Mr. Grocki (membership chair) has been reaching out to the Arrow of Light Scouts and surrounding Packs. Our first visit will be from Pack 129 next week.
First a very big thank you to Mrs. Irwin– who ran our wreath sale this year. This is not an easy job, and she graciously gave up her time, energy, and garage (to store the wreaths) this year.
If you have not already done so, please contact her to pick up your wreaths so she can once again have access to the before mentioned garage.
We should be able to announce the scouts who sold the most this year and even more important, who gets to put a whip cream pie in my face. The “winner” will get to do so at next week’s meeting (December 11th).
- We have two candidates for Sr. Patrol Leader:
o Gabe Muldoon
o Tadgh Devlin
- We will start the meeting by asking each SPL candidate to give a short speech on why they should be elected and what they want to accomplish as SPL.
- All scouts in the troop are then free to ask them questions concerning this.
- We will vote for SPL.
- Then we will break into patrols and elect Patrol Leaders.
- Patrol Leaders will then appoint their APL.
- We will announce the new SPL and then he will appoint the ASPL(s) and other leadership positions.
- There are plenty of other leadership positions available as well, see list below of the roles that we commonly fill. For the older scouts, I would like to see at least three (3) Troop Guides this round as well, so please consider that position. The Goats, Penguin Raiders and Snapping Turtles will benefit from your experience and wisdom!
o The patrols elect the Patrol Leader. The Patrol Leader appoints the Assistant Patrol Leader.
o The troop elects the Sr. Patrol Leader. The Sr. Patrol Leader appoints the Assistant Sr. Patrol Leader(s) and the other leadership positions:
- Assistant Sr. Patrol Leader:
- Troop Guides:
- Chaplain’s Aide:
- Order of the Arrow Rep:
SCHEDULE: One Month(ish) Look Ahead
Monday December 4th – Troop Meeting- 7:30 PM (Elections) – Immanuel Church on the Hill
Thursday December 7th – ASM and Adult Leader meeting 8:00 – Ramirez House
Monday December 9th – Alive Service Project
Monday December 11th – Troop Meeting- 7:30 PM (PLC) – Immanuel Church on the Hill (Pack 129 visit)
Monday December 18th – No Troop Meeting- Winter Break
Monday December 25th – No Troop Meeting- Christmas- Federal Holiday
Monday January 1st – No Troop Meeting- New Year’s Day- Federal Holiday
Monday January 8th – Troop Meeting- 7:30 PM (BoR) – Immanuel Church on the Hill