MLK Day – NO MEETING
MLK Day – Day of Service
I hope to see you all at our service project today at Fort Hunt! –https://www.allforgood.org/projects/jQ95byQe Dress Warmly!
January 25 Weekend- Snow Skiing
As Mr Jahns indicated, this years ski trip will be a day trip. Please respond to his email if you plan to go!
January 27 – Older Scout Dutch Oven Cooking Challenge
See Mr. Rodger’s email – the older scouts will have a chance to use their dutch oven cooking skills next week! As always – DRESS APPROPRIATELY, and bring your headlamps.
Dues are Due
The Troop has paid the dues this year. If you have not paid your dues yet please do so! Only 60% have paid so far. As a reminder: the dues are $120 per paid youth and $42 – paid adult. Please make checks out to Troop 131 and give to our Treasurer, Mr. Van Goethem, at the troop meetings. Note that scholarships are available. Please email me at Seth.email@example.com if you wish to discuss a scholarship.
Snow Camping – Presidents Day Weekend February 15-17
We’ll try it again this year, hopefully, there is snow. Build Quinzhee’s and frolic in the snow! The plan is to go to Canaan Valley State Park in WVA. No Snow? Never fear, we have a back up plan to do cold weather camping somewhere closer.
Has been published on the Google Calendar – See below for link
Summer Camp – See below from Ms. Larson-
The troop is planning to attend summer camp at Goshen Scout Reservation, Camp Olmsted again this summer.
Sunday, July 12 – Saturday, July 18.
*Please note – if you are seeking a “campership” – please let Mrs. Larson know ASAP. The deadline is coming soon – early February.
I will make program schedules available by the end of January and Merit Badge sign ups will happen Mid-March (+/- March 16).
Lastly, if you are interested in becoming a Summer Camp Counselor, please follow the link here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/goshen-staff/
Notes from the Senior Patrol Leader:
– DRESS APPROPRIATELY – In the next few weeks, we will be training on cold weather camping, dutch oven cooking, and other skills, and some if not all of this will be done OUTSIDE. So coats, hats, gloves, and headlamps are all required.
– PATROL LEADERS – It is your responsibility to touch base with your Patrols and be sure that they are paying attention to the Skills Training and working on their Advancement
– CELL PHONE USAGE – Not in the troop meetings, except with very few exceptions when they are being used for advancement or merit badges.
, Scoutmaster Update
Roaring Run Backpacking Trip – September 14/15 This will be the first true backpacking trip for many of the...
, Scoutmaster Update
A Busy evening tonight for Troop 131! Camaraderie is a big part of Scouting so at least we can...
- In Memoriam – Victor J. Slabinski, Ph.D., 1940 – 2020
- This Week (October 18): Troop Camporee, Service, Adult Leaders
- This Week (October 4):Camporee, Parents’ meeting, Eagle Scout project
- This Week (September 27):7pm meeting, Campfire, Troop-a-ree
- This Week (September 20): In person meeting, Campfire, Rock Climbing