I’m looking for some help!
I have been approved to do my Eagle Scout service project. My project is to weed, prepare soil and plant the vegetable garden at the Dunbar Alexandria-Olympic Boys and Girls Club in Alexandria. This garden was first started by America’s Promise about 10 years ago and has not really produced much over the past couple of years. I thought that helping the kids grow vegetables and eat healthier would be a great project during Covid. They have a garden club that will help harvest what we have planted but I want to get it started and help them along the way.
I would like to do my day of service on Saturday, May 8 starting at 9:00 in the morning. Depending on how many volunteers I can get it should take about 3-4 hours. That’s some good service hours for scouts! I will provide all of the tools, plantings and soil needed for the project. I will also provide water and pizza for those that can help. The only thing the scouts need to bring is a mask, some gardening gloves and a desire to learn how to prepare and plant vegetables! I do not think there is any poison ivy around the garden but if you are alergic I would make sure you wear long sleeve shirts just in case. Also, it could be sunny so please wear sun screen
Here are my details:
Dunbar Alexandria-Olympic Boys and Girls Club
Wear long sleeves and sunscreen
Bring gardening gloves
Water and Pizza will be provided
Let me know if you can help!
- 2023-10-22 Annual Dues Collection
- 2023-10-22 This Week: Camporee Recap, Troop Meeting, Summer Camp Coordinator, Scouting for Food, Wreath Sale, High Adventure, One Month Look-ahead
- 2023-10-15 This Week: Troop Meeting & BOR, Camporee, Summer camp coordinator, Wreath Sale, High Adventure, Scouting for Food, One MonthLook-ahead
- 2023-10-09 This Week: Reminder – No Troop Meeting Tonight
- 2023-10-01 This Week: PLC, Troop Meeting, Wreath Sale, Pumpkin Patch, Scouting for Food, Annual Fees One Month Look-ahead