- Thursday, September 21st at 7:30 PMAll parents are welcome and encouraged to attend. This is your chance to find out all that is going on with the troop, get any questions you may have answered and maybe find a way you can help.
Passcode – T131
We are now starting the annual rechartering process for the Troop and collecting the annual registration fees as part of that. The amounts due are as follows:
Troop 131 Youth Annual fee $200 (up from $120 last year) broken down as follows:
- $80 National BSA Fee (Up from $75)
- $80 Participation Fee for NCAC (New fee this year)
- $15 for Scouts Life magazine
- $25 stays with Troop 131
– You can opt out of receiving Scouts Life and deduct the $15 from the fee amount due.
– Among other things, the $25 portion that stays with the troop helps pay for advancement recognition (i.e. merit badges are $3.59 each, ranks $2.99), camp gear replacement and upkeep, subsidizing some trips, meals for camping and our courts of honor
Troop 131 Adult Volunteer Annual Fee – $60 (Up from $45 last year) which is our cost to the National BSA
– The Adult fee is due even if a parent is only attending one overnight event. This is a change from previous years.
– If an adult wishes to subscribe to Scouts Life, please include an additional $15
We recognize this is a large jump in the annual fee, and we do not want this fee to preclude any Scout from participation. As a result, scholarships are available if needed – please contact Mark or Kevin for details.
Please make payment to the Troop Treasurer by October 23rd as we need to send payment for the entire Troop when we submit our charter on November 1st.
Payment can be made in several ways:
- Zelle: This is preferred. Name: TreasurerT131
Please include a note to summarize what is being covered.
- Personal check: These can be given to me or Kevin at one of the weekly meetings
- Scout Account: Full or partial payment can be made from your Scout’s Scout Account if they have a positive balance.
If you’re using a Scout Account or reimbursement to adjust your fee amount, please send me an email and/or include a note in Zelle so I can confirm what you’re doing.