Happy New Year!Patrol Leaders Council – TomorrowIt’s the first Monday of the month, and we’ll have our PLC at 6:30. The PL of APL of each patrol are required to attend.
Skiing 1/12/19Timberline Resort is a bust, so we are doing a day trip. Look for updates from Mr. Jahns for this weekend’s trip!
MLK Day of Service Project: Trail Cleanup and Pruning 1/21/19Meet at 10:30AM on Monday January 21 in the Regal Cinemas parking lot at Potomac Yard (reservoir side of the lot). Every Scout should bring a pruner if he has one and a garbage bag. E-mail Mrs. Greiner at email@example.com so she knows whom to expect (and so that she can make cocoa and get donuts for everyone). Project should last no more that 2 hours. Pickup location in the same parking lot.
February Cold Weather Camping/Snow CampingWe are subject to the weather as to what type of activity it will be, but we will have an overnight activity!
High Adventure PresentationMr. Guynn and the Scouts did an excellent presentation, but we wish we would have had more parents there! If you weren’t able to come and want to learn more, let us know and we will schedule another presentation
The Google calendar (see link at the bottom of the page) is updated to reflect the Troop Calendar sent out before Christmas.
If you have any service opportunities you think would be good for our Scouts, please contact Mrs. Greiner, our Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.————–
Notes from the Senior Patrol Leader:
– BRING YOUR COATS! It is winter, it’s cold, we go outside for activities. Be Prepared.
– PATROL LEADERS – It is your responsibility to touch base with your Patrols and be sure that they are paying attention to the Skills Training and working on their Advancement
– CELL PHONE USAGE – Not in the troop meetings, except with very few exceptions when they are being used for advancement or merit badges.
– Uniforms and Opening/Closing Ceremonies – wear your Field Uniforms and line up properly for the ceremonies.
– BRING YOUR SCOUTBOOKS TO THE MEETINGS! Opportunities for Advancement are being wasted just because Scouts don’t remember their books.
Other Items of Interest
Contact Mr. Steenstra at the troop meeting if you would like to be on it! There are lots of great opportunities around the area.