There is no troop meeting on October 14 due to the Columbus Day federal holiday, however:
For those who are going on Camporee – we will have a gear checkout at 7:00 pm on Monday October 14 at the troop shed at FBC. This will last a maximum of 30 minutes. Those who are going on the camporee need to be there, or their patrol (for the trip) must be represented.
Camporee, October 18, 19, 20 Gunston Hall
Looks like we have a good showing, but we can always use more!
The Activities we will be running are:
- First Aid Skills/Stretcher Relay Challenge
- Plank Walk
- Hazardous Waste handling challenge
- Mission Impossible
- Spy game challenge
We’ll be leading other scouts, so all scouts need to be familiar with the games. All scouts helping run the stations will get some special bling from the Camporee!
Troop Elections – October 21
Help your Troop, Gain Requirements, Run for a Troop Position! Coming soon on October 21. Please remember, if you are going to run for Senior Patrol Leader, you MUST come speak with me before the elections to understand the requirements and expectations! Two great candidates have spoken to me about running!
Troop Committee Meeting – October 22
As Mr. Leary said, we’ll have a Troop Committee meeting on October 22 at the FBC. This is open to all adults in the troop, and a great way to understand how our troop is run and get involved if you would like. We would love to have you attend, even to just observe!
Scouting for Food – November 2 and 9
We’ll continue our tradition of managing a neighborhood. More to come on this.
Court of Honor – November 4
We’ll have our Court of Honor on November 4 in lieu of our normal Troop Meeting. Be there to honor all the great activities and accomplishments this year!
Orienteering/Cold Weather Camping – November 16/17 (Date Change)
Our scheduled trip date needs to change due to the conflict with Scouting for Food. More to come on this.
| Service Opportunities
Notes from the Senior Patrol Leader:
– PATROL LEADERS – It is your responsibility to touch base with your Patrols and be sure that they are paying attention to the Skills Training and working on their Advancement
– CELL PHONE USAGE – Not in the troop meetings, except with very few exceptions when they are being used for advancement or merit badges.
– It is no longer Summertime – wear your neckerchiefs!
– BRING YOUR SCOUTBOOKS TO THE MEETINGS! Opportunities for Advancement are being wasted just because Scouts don’t remember their books.
Other Items of Interest
Contact Mr. Steenstra at the troop meeting if you would like to be on it! There are lots of great opportunities around the area.