What: Cold Weather Camping, Snow, and Ice
When: Fri 17 Feb-Sun 19 Feb 2023
Where: Camp Minsi, Poconos, PA
Why: First Campout of 2023, and we haven’t done ICE camping …… um …. ever
Cost: $10/Scout and $10/adult
Come experience winter at Camp Minsi with a day of fun on the frozen water of Stillwater.The IceFest programs includes:
- Our annual ice fishing extravaganza – including hands-on ice fishing demos on Stillwater Lake, equipment displays, and cooking demos.
- Winter snow and ice games – including ice golf, ice auger relays, snowshoe races, and more!
- Ice safety presentation and rescue tutorials.
- Special presentations and displays on old time timbering tools and the historic ice harvesting industry of the Poconos and Stillwater Lake.
- Winter hikes and camp tours.
- Refreshments, fellowship and fireplace.
- Food, drinks and lunch (hotdogs, chili, chips, sodas, etc) available for purchase in the Dining Hall (or bring and cook your own).
The program is JUST $10 per person — includes a collectible patch and hot beverage refreshments for all participants.
Event is snow or shine!
It is ONLY $10 per person, Scout or Adult.
Checks delivered at the Monday Meeting to the Treasurer or Committee Chair- they should be made payable to “BSA Troop 131.” Please put in the notes the activity you are paying for. Credit Cards at the Monday Meeting (if the treasurer is in attendance) – Processed by the Troop Treasurer.
· Zelle Account Transfer:
· Name: TreasurerT131
· Email: treasurert131@gmail.
· That is TreasurerT131 just to reiterate the “T131” aspect.
· Please put in the notes what activity you are paying for.
Zelle is the easiest and most seamless.
A reminder to ALL Scouts, in addition to your essential 10, you ALL need to have a Full Class “A”, as well as a Class B. That goes for EVERY Campout, but this one in particular.