Our next Scouting trip is Rock Climbing at Sugarloaf Mountain in MD – the weekend of 1-3 October
Friday afternoon/evening – Oct 1st
- We will coordinate transportation
- Departures MAY be staggered throughout the afternoon depending on drivers and Scouts
- Overnight at Turner Farm (directions below)
- Turner Farm is only an hour away
Saturday – Oct 2nd
- Breakfast, hike 2 miles (easy hike, just day packs) to the climbing area (parking lot area).
- Hiking, climbing, rappelling, lots of fun fun fun
- Lunch will be at the hiking area, so plan ahead
- More climbing, rappelling, lots of fun fun fun
- Camp Fire!
Sunday – Oct 3rd – time TBD (approx. 10:00 am)
- Return to First Baptist Church back parking area for pick up
- An e-mail will be sent out Sunday morning with the ETA at the church
- Please RSVP no later than Monday, 27 Sept via this link
- Adult drivers / campers will also be needed as well – let me know if you can volunteer
- Adults can climb too! Let us know if you are interested so we can plan for gear
- I will need a signed permission slip for each scout
- I will also need a completed medical form for each participant if I don’t already have yours on file (form attached)
- Participating Adults- we need a current Youth Protection Training (YPT) certificate on file for you. You can find the training at : https://www.scouting.org/training/youth-protection/
We will also have a campfire, so a great chance for a Scout who is working on their communication merit badge to arrange the program.
- Cost is $20 per scout (Covering camping & food)
- Gear, menus and food will be discussed at the Troop Meeting on the 27th – but Scouts can plan ahead of time- a Scout is Prepared!
- This is car camping, so feel free to bring delectable dishes
- Cost is $0 per adult (on your own for food)
- Adult campers / drivers are needed as well – let me know if you can come and share the FUN!
Forms- What we need from you
- I will need a signed BSA permission slip for each scout (form attached)
- I will also need a completed BSA medical form for each participant Scouts and Adults (Goshen ones count as well).
- Payment- check made out to “BSA Troop 131” , or if you want to use some funds in your Scout Account, please let the Treasurer know: Treasurer@T131.org
There is a Rock Climbing Merit Badge! Click the merit badge below for info, and then see Scoutmaster Ramirez for a Blue Card if you are interested.